If you are into building websites, you should be aware of the cPanel and similar other options. These are the hosting control panels that help you perform a host of tasks in creating g your website. Some of the functions you can have included creating subdomains, managing the FTP users and handling several other tasks. However, several hosting platforms may not allow you have access to Hosting control panels. This is where tools like ServerPilot and similar other tools (ServerPilot Alternatives) help you out.
What is ServerPilot?
As we stated above, there are a few cloud-based hosting platforms that would not let you have a hosting control panel. Platforms like DigitalOcean have dropped their prices considerably and thus have become an affordable option for the wannabe bloggers.
But using them will need you to know command line tools for managing the hosting. This can be quite complicated. Moreover, if you are someone who is a newbie and not well versed with the technical aspects of a hosting platform, ServerPilot makes it easier to control and manage your cloud servers.
Promoted and founded by Justin Samuel and Kevin Luikens, ServerPilot offers you an optimized solution for running PHP websites on cloud-based hosting platforms like DigitalOcean and Amazon Web Services. It provides you with a centralized control panel to perform basic tasks on your server.
If you are DigitalOcean or any similar hosting platform, ServerPilot can be your best option to host WordPress and similar other PHP sites. It merely converts a server into an optimized WordPress hosting platform.
The Best ServerPilot Alternatives
Of course, you may be using ServerPilot, but looking for a few alternative options you can use in replacement to it for some reason, we may be of some help to you in looking for the best ServerPilot alternatives.
RunCloud Minimises the risks and pain of setting up of a PHP server on cloud hosting platforms. Setting up a PHP server needs you to have a robust knowledge of Linux, DevOps, and security.
RunCloud minimizes all the pain associated with this and handles the task on its own. You can concentrate on developing your content and focus on delivering the best results to your clients and audiences.
We would consider it to be an improved version of ServerPilot and one of the best alternatives to it. A few features that it offers you include
- Support for cloud platforms like Vultr, Rackspace, DigitalOcean, Linode, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- It has an easy script for installing new age CMSs like WordPress and Joomla.
- Web-based database management.
- An automatic firewall that can also be customized.
- Free SSL certification powered by Lets Encrypt.
2. Cloud2SME Cloud
This is yet another excellent option for you if you are looking for ServerPilot alternatives. It provides you with an economical, fast and easy solution that should be suitable for your needs no matter whether you are a newbie or an expert.
The experience that the founder has in cloud computing and virtualization is clearly shown by the performance of the platform. The service is available in several countries like UK, USA, Australia, Africa, France, UAE, and Japan to name just a few.
A few excellent features that make it an attractive option include
- An assured safe deployment
- Full-scale virtualization support
- It supports platforms like Java, PHP, WinDev and Dot Net. There is no support for WordPress and Joomla though.
- Daily backups and disaster recovery options.
- You can manage it through web access
- Best in class chat, email, and phone support.
One of the best website building toolkits, it also offers you the options like SEO health check-up. Whether newbies or a professional. You will indeed love the simplicity and high-end functionality that the toolkit provides you.
The freestyle themes and stacks, you will get your website running within a few minutes. The service is specifically built for Mac and has been popular with the users globally.
A few features we liked includes
- A 64-bit app for building more prominent websites with ease
- Multiple file upload options and a few other tricks, publishing your content has been faster than ever.
- A host of the responsive theme.
- The live preview features help you check how the site will look within the browser.
- You have access to the WYSIWYG interface and an excellent web building experience.
4. Yahoo Web Hosting
Yahoo has been one of the prominent service providers in the arena of web services. They also provide services in the realm of web hosting services.
More straightforward design tools are what would ideally make it one of the excellent options you can go with. You do not need to have any technical expertise, downloads or specialized software.
A few features worth the consideration include
- The online web design tool comes as part of all your plans with yahoo web hosting
- Choose a business style template and customize it with a host of colors and page layouts.
- The preview feature lets you test the site before it is live on the web.
- Ability to add slideshows, images, videos and a host of content right away.
- Access to site reporting tools and raw log files
Dnsimple is another best ServerPilot alternative that can work elegantly to help you manage your website. Use it to register domains or buy SSL certificates.
One of the good options if you are looking for the domain hosting services, it offers you a simplified access to the controls, APIs, and a world-class customer support mechanism.
Some features that we liked with them include
- An excellent domain and DNS API
- It offers you SSL certification hassle free from Lets Encrypt.
- Simplified DNS automation functionality.
- One click support for all services.
6. WP Engine
No matter whether you are planning a personal blog or opting for a full-fledged complicated website for your brand, working with your WordPress management is simplified beyond boundaries.
Every plan you opt for comes with robust technological advancement in terms of functionality and excellent customer service functionality. Founded on the world’s most popular CMS, it offers you a wholly managed WordPress integration.
Here are a few features we would indeed love with the tool are
- Built on over 30 open source technologies for offering you an innovative experience
- The tool is blended seamlessly with Google and AWS
- Award-Winning customer support with a 24 x 7 x 365 constant support mechanism.
- Everything right from site launch to migration to upgrades – works at your fingertips.
- Best suited for all your requirements of web hosting
Flywheel is one of the primary option specifically designed for designers. One of the robust WordPress management tools, it has everything you are looking for in your ServerPilot alternative.
In case you are in a business that deals with web development and design, Flywheel is the best option you can go with. Some of the features we indeed liked with the tool include
- An optimized dashboard relieves from the clumsiness of a cPanel and helps you manage your WordPress installation
- One click staging option for staging your website. Staging helps you test the functionality of your site before you can make it live.
- Efficient nightly backups ensure that you do not lose any of the details.
- Ensure that your site is free from malware and virus attacks with a complete security package.
One of the best free option for controlling web hosting. The web control panel works in an excellent manner with your Microsoft Windows and POSIX sites. The service is available in PHP and makes use of several open source packages.
It has been gathering users in a considerable number over the years. The full-fledged system is easy to use and offers you an excellent web hosting functionality.
Some of the features we loved with the ZPanel include
- It works with a host of open source programs like open source projects such as Apache, Mysql, PHP and Filezilla
- The panel can handle a host of tasks like domain names, DNS, Email boxes, FTP accounts and Mysql Databases
- The simple installation functionality is what would make it an ideal solution.
- If you are working with unmanaged VPS servers, the ZPanel offers you a host of simple service configurations.
- You can install it if you are comfortable with programming.
Finally, before we wind up our list, we would like to end it with our personal favorite – Cloudways. Cloudways is both functional and affordable for most startups and individuals who want high-performance hosting from the first day!
Cloudways delivers fully managed Hosting Services and promises no slower running WordPress sites and no more WordPress hosting setup headaches.
Their platform-as-a-service (PAAS) cloud servers come with a fantastic feature set, and you can easily scale hosting resources as your website grows. Their infrastructure is optimized for speed, performance, & security.
If you’re still on the fence about using Cloudways as your managed WordPress host, then sign up for the 30-day Free trial that Cloudways offers to test their platform.
The Winding Up
Well, ServerPilot is indeed is an extremely functional service when it comes to managing your websites. However, if you are looking for the alternatives that offer you the same level of functionality, the options we shared above should ideally meet all your requirements. Do share your thoughts and experiences with us if you have used any of them. Also, share any other better alternatives if you have come across any.