Are you a .NET developer and is looking for the best Web Hosting Services for IIS based web app? Look no further, because in this article we have listed out the best ones we think should meet your needs.
If you are into blogging and working with websites, the foremost requirement you would need to go for is hosting. Bloggers worldwide have their own choice of CMS tools and hosting services. If you are into Windows hosting, you would need to opt for the IIS or Internet Information Services for your hosting needs. This hosting option is equivalent in most aspects to ASP.NET and ASP.NET Web Services for all your needs. Which hosting services would you go with? We offer you the best options for choosing the excellent hosting services for your websites.
Best Web Hosting Services For IIS
IIS Hosting or web apps that are written in ASP.NET require hosting that work almost on the same lines. In this article, we present the list of the best options you have at your disposal. We have compared a host of services dealing with hosting services and arrived at our list.
ASP.NET and IIS Hosting Services
Well, ASP.NET and IIS work on almost all the same standards. ASP.NET is the web application framework developed by Microsoft. It is an open source network and offers the best of features. But, the fact remains that it would be reliant on Microsoft.
IIS is Internet Information Services framework and is dependent on the ASP.NET web server technology. In fact, it is what would work with all the web applications running with the .NET environment. IIS 7 is the latest version of the modernized platform for the new operating systems.
In fact, since both IIS and ASP.NET work on the same platform the web hosting services that work with one of them should equally be efficient concerning the other.
A Hosting is known for its blazing speed. No matter whether you have low traffic on your site, or a corporate business website – A2 Hosting has you covered for all your requirements.
Yes, they may not be as popular as the bigwigs in the industry like the HostGator and GoDaddy. They have their servers located in Asia, Europe, and the US. Some of the features that would make it an excellent option are
- It offers you a stable and reliable uptime of up to 99.92 percent.
- A2 hosting services provide you speeds up to 20 times faster than the competitors.
- The faster, efficient and reliable customer care is what would make it one of the excellent options for your needs.
- You can be assured of safer websites, thanks to the HackScan service that prevents hackers
Well, while other hosting providers come up with huge claims, A2 Hosting performs, and that is what should make a huge difference.
GoDaddy has been an efficient service provider when it comes to personal and commercial hosting requirements you may have. A well-designed control panel is what should make it one of the excellent choices.
They have packages that would suit all kinds of requirements. GoDaddy has been synonymous with reliable and secure hosting if you are building a business. Given the fact that they are equally good at registering and hosting domains, they are indeed the best bet you can opt for.
The features that would make it an excellent option could be
- Best in class uptime.
- The anti-hacking support will protect you against the DDoS attacks.
- GoDaddy would offer you world-class 24/7 customer service.
- You can opt for both Windows-based and Linux based services.
- The service is well integrated with Microsoft services making it the best option for IIS hosting.
One of the oldest players in the Hosting arena, LiquidWeb should be what would empower you as a service provider. It is indeed the service that owns its data centers.
The service comes with the best of the features at an affordable pricing band. One of the excellent options that the service comes with would include the massive range of products that it offers you. Right from the affordable budget oriented plans to the enterprise level solutions – they have covered everything.
Here are a few features that would make it a little attractive.
- User-friendly interface is what would make it an excellent choice. In fact, the service is best suited for the newbies to get into a better beginning.
- The service takes care of your security. Every plan comes with a firewall and DDoS protection.
- Excellent customer service makes it one of the attractive option for your needs. The transparent knowledge base articles provide you a wide range of help options.
- A wide range of plans and packages that suit all the needs.
BigRock is yet another lesser known name in the arena of web hosting. They have been a name to reckon with and offer several services under one roof. It also provides you domain registration and website builder services as well.
Whether you are a Windows or a Linux user, BigRock has individual plans meant for you. However, the service is the best one for you if you are looking for affordability. However, it may not be a good option for companies with a massive amount of traffic.
A few features worth the attention is
- Affordability is what should make it one of the best options for your needs.
- The service offers you several hosting plans and services to meet all your needs across multiple functions.
- The control panel is intuitive with all the hosting plans.
- BigRock assures you a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee. You can look ahead for the efficient and prompt service.
Though it could be a lesser-known hosting service, you can be assured of excellent service from 1&1. The feature-rich and affordable hosting service should be ideal for both IIS and ASP.NET web hosting.
1&1 offers you a considerably more comprehensive range of services including cloud, virtual, shared or VPS hosting. The service also helps you out with website creation tools. The tests have shown a high uptime and customer support departments.
Here are a few features that would make it an excellent option for your needs –
- The customer service that 1&1 offers are exemplary by any standard. In fact, unlike most of the competitors, they offer you a 24*7 phone line support.
- The affordable pricing structure is what would make it an excellent performer in every respect.
- The service provides a rock solid uptime record.
- You can either opt for a primary or advanced hosting package for your requirements.
- There are no set up fees of any kind and thus would make it an affordable service to opt for.
- You also have access to easy to use website creation tools.
Which are the Best Options For IIS and ASP.NET?
Well, we have already stated that both ASP.NET and IIS work on the same platform. IIS is, in fact, reliant on ASP.NET. From that perspective, the website hosting services outlined above should work with both IIS and ASP.NET effectively.
Even then, the guide below should offer a comparative toppers’ list for both IIS and ASP.NET. Though there may be no strict guidelines on those preferences, the guide should serve as an essential comparison and applicability.
If you are using ASP.NET, the following should be your order of preference. ASP.NET should be one of the best options for windows software for ASP.SQL and similar other servers like Windows servers.
- A2 Hosting
On the other hand, the list of preference for the IIS should be as below. You may find it almost similar to ASP.NET with a little difference. IIS or the latest version of IIS 7.0 has wholly redesigned the concept and compatible with Windows Server 2008. The best web hosting that would support it should be GoDaddy by any standard.
- A2 Hosting
Before We Conclude
Well, that should be a complete list of best-hosting services whether you are opting for IIS hosting or ASP.NET hosting. Our listing should put you at best option to understand and evaluate the features and the functions that make it an excellent choice by any standard. Even when the top five services we have featured here may be a little different with their offering, we would assume they would be almost equivalent with their functionality. In fact, the hosting services described here can be used in ascending order as such.
Even then, on close inspection and review of the features, the best option for the IIS Hosting would indeed be GoDaddy for the obvious reasons. On the other hand, if you are hosting your website on the ASP.NET platform, A2 Hosting is what would be the best option for you.
Which web hosting services do you use for the website? Share your experiences and opinions with us so that it would offer us a better insight into the usability and functionality of each of these services from the real-time users’ point of view.